Sunday, December 21, 2014

Last Day in Taipei, Taiwan Trip (Day 16)

2nd December 2014, Tuesday

Rock Coco
Today was the last day of our trip and so we didn't plan to do anything much today. My friend still needed to buy sun cakes for her friend, so we got up at around 11 pm and got ready. When my friend was showering, i ate my doughnuts from Krispy Kreme...so nice...Then when  my friend was going to eat hers, she asked me what happened to my doughnuts...hohoho....Then we checked out and left our luggage at the hotel lobby. It was cold and cooling today...We walked to the end at one of the streets in ximending and checked out a shop selling sun cakes and pineapple cakes. It wasn't so nice when we tasted it. At first, my friend was saying that her friend wanted to meet us to have a dinner with the friend's boss family at Taoyuan area. But the arrangement like so troublesome for us to run here and there. While she was messaging her friend, i went to buy my pancake for the last time...hahaha...In the end, the dinner was cancelled. So there were more time for us now, and we went to Taipei Main Station to walk the underground shopping malls (maybe can find sun cakes to buy too). We just walked walked and see see when we were at the underground malls, nothing much to buy too...hahahaa....We walked until about 2 plus before we decided to go back to the hotel. Saw a shop selling sun cakes and pineapple cakes when we were walking back to ximending from the station, and bought a few boxes back.

Rice
Then we left our cakes in the hotel lobby with our luggage, there was when i received an SMS from Jetstar notifying that my flight was delayed for an hour. So we went to a nearby eating place beside the hotel to have some food (last meal in taipei...hohohoho).....We asked the hotel staff to help us to call for a cab when we finished eating...it was around 4 plus....The cab driver was very old, like around 60 plus already...he helped us drag our luggage to his taxi which was parked outside ximending streets. Then it was off to the airport....This time we still went for the check-in of luggage despite the flight delayed...but it was still early.. the counters were opening at 6.15 pm and there was already a queue for it. There was another queue for web check-in and there was no one queuing there. My friend went there to queue as i had already checked in last night. Then we were wondering why nobody is queuing here, does that mean no one using web check-in? hahahaa....So we just waiting until the counters were open....We were able to get my luggage checked in fast as we were first....After that, we went down to the food court as there wasn't any shops to walk and it was very cold. Had a soup with rice and a milk tea...not so nice...We just stayed there to wait for the time to pass before i can go in my flight's gate.....

Flight Delayed
I said bye bye to my friend when it was time for mi to go in (her flight to Philippines was past midnight)...so i went in alone...my first time to take flight alone....There wasn't much people after the customs....my boarding gate changed too....the shops were also very quiet...so i slowly walked to my gate as it was still early. And when i reached the boarding waiting area...it was sooo empty and cold...And i noticed the flight time had displayed to 10 pm on the board but there wasn't any announcement made on the changed of time...So i went to ask the airline staff, she said the plane was delayed on the other side and was already on the way now but estimated time to land in Taoyuan was 9.15 or 9.30 pm. So i just sat there and waited for the plane to arrive...it was very very cold...luckily there was wi-fi around, at least i still can watsapp my friend who was also waiting outside for her check-in counters to be opened. Finally the plane landed at around 9.15 pm, i only boarded the plane at around 9.35 pm....and when i was on the plane, there was a family group, so ma fan...trying to change the seats here and there....so that the whole family can be seated near to each other...The mother was waiting for the other party to board so to make arrangements....so noisy....and i got a teenager sitting with the mother beside me...and 2 boys sitting in front of me and another 1 small toddler sitting behind me.... -_-"...Luckily they didn't ask me to change my seat (which was a window seat)...hahaha....

The plane also took a long time to get off the ground, after settling all the passengers, the plane had to wait for 4 planes to land first before it could move across the path for take off....Finally, it took off...and from above i was able to see Taiwan with all its orange lights...very nice layout....and it was beautiful...I just kept looking on it....until we were up up into the clouds...And just when i thought i wanted to try to sleep, the food was being served out to sell...haiz....stomach so hungry....how to sleep?? And the mother kept chatting with her daughter beside...aiyo...no peace....So i just put on my earphones and tried to sleep...until by midnight, i woke up and the 2 of them were finally sleeping...But i couldn't get back to sleep...haiya...and i couldn't lower my seat  further as i think the lady behind who was carrying the toddler was blocking my seat from going down. Anyway, the plane finally landed in SG at around 3rd Dec 2.45 am..So i just took my time to alight the plane (let everyone else to alight first)...and slowly walked out of the customs and gate...hehee...going home alone anyway....so no hurry....bought a bottle of vodka and tiger beers with lemon too...hahahaa...Then went Burger King to grab some snacks...very hungry...also overheard a group of ladies talking about SG flats, one of them was questioning how come a foreigner/PR got approved on the application of a HDB flat when the foreigner/PR was already holding another house asset...something like that...and why the government can approved it....

Then i went to take a cab, there wasn't any cab around....so i waited, and so when this cab driver came by, he like very not happy to pick up customers...don't even want to help me put my luggage in the car's boot...He even signed very loudly when i told him my destination...Don't know why need to sign so loudly.....when reached my block, i just waited for him to take out my luggage from the car's boot lor..... :P
Being naughty.....and so my trip ended after 16 full days of fun....i will definitely miss all the yummy food i had there....and the cooling weather on my last 2 days too....hahahaa

During my trip in Taiwan, we collected a lot of the stamps in all the places we went too. Some are very cartoon too.  You can take it as part of your collection when you are traveling in Taiwan next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment