Saturday, May 28, 2016

Last Day in Melbourne, Melbourne Trip (Day 15)

29th March 2016, Tuesday


Woke up @ 7 plus today and prepared to check out of the hotel. I pulled my luggage down to the lobby and left my luggage in the hotel storage room. Then i walked towards the nearby post office but it was not open yet. So i walked to Queen Victoria Market. This time round, the stall owners are getting ready to sell their stuffs. There were a lot of things that you can buy to give as souvenirs and they were selling quite cheap, as compared to the shops outside. There was a section selling fresh veggies and a section selling all kinds of meat and seafood. All the meats looks soo red and fresh and the seafood also big in size and fresh too. They even sell kangaroo and rabbit meats there.

Fresh fruits
Meats for Sale
Red Meat
I spent my morning walking around the market and saw a van selling US doughnuts (small small ones). It was nice and very sweet...hohoho....the inside was added with jam too. There was a small corner where kids can sit there and play and there was even a story telling session. Bought a few more items to bring home, then i walked back to the post office and finally posted my 2 leftover postcards. After which, i walked slowly to find a nice place for my last lunch there. I came upon a restaurant named Errols, which i ordered a seafood risotto and a hot chocolate. I still prefer the hot chocolate drinks that i had in Tasmania and Hot Poppy.

Seafood Risotto
Anyway i just sat there until it is time to go back to the hotel to pick up my luggage. I packed the items in the luggage and waited there for the skybus transfer bus to come pick me up. I was thinking what am i going to do with my can of coke. In the end, i put inside the hotel's fridge and leave it there..hohoho....Then the bus arrived and it was time to go to the airport. I arrived in Southern Cross Station first before transferring to the bigger bus to the airport. I reached the airport @ around 2 plus, which was still early for my check-in. There were only a few shops (maybe 3) to walk around while passing the time.  The check-in counters were opened at around 4 plus, so i finally did my check-in and proceeded to the gate.

Fried Calamari
Luckily there were more shops inside and places to sit to watch tv. So i just sat at one of the sitting areas and watched TV to pass time. Bought a plate of calamari to eat too, to kill time and had my last snack in Melbourne...hohohooo....Then i walked to the gate to get ready for boarding which flew off back to Singapore...I got the whole row to myself on the plane, chiong to watch 4 movies again before touched down. I reached Singapore Changi Airport @ 11.50 pm, where my dad and sister came to pick me up. Can feel the heat once i touched down..... :(

And this ended my Australia trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment