Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hundred Islands, Philippines Trip (Day 7)

30th July 2014, Wednesday

Island that we stayed overnight
Woke up on the hard floor and was still feeling tired, my phone totally don't want to on which we may have problem as we need the phone to be up to contact my friend's brothers for picking us up later. But my friend still managed to get her old iphone to work and called her brother for the pickup time tonight. Then we still dragged ourselves up, i even gave up brushing my teeth and we smell. There was no water in the toilet too. Then we just bought a cup instant noodles from the stall and had our milo for breakfast while waiting for the boatman to come back to fetch us. After breakfast, we walked around the island (it is called Quezon Island) first, then we left the island out to the sea for snorkeling.The boatman brought us to a floating platform and we wore our life vests. We jumped onto the floating platform and put on the goggles. My friend was teaching me how to breathe through the goggles...hahaa....The goggles was made of plastic and it really doesn't taste nice...

Mouth of the Cave
Then we went down into the water (the water damn salty...@_@), there was a rope and we can use the rope to support. But the water wasn't very clear, still able to see giant clams and some small fishes swimming. Then later, we tried to swim away from the rope, my friend went away from the rope first..i was still clinging on the rope. And she was also yelling at me not to swim too near to her, she scared she will drag me down into the water...hahhaaa..After some time, i also swam away from the rope and was swimming far away from them...ops...she was saying that i swam too far away...hahaha...After some time in the water, we went back up to the floating platform. But we had a problem to climb up the platform, as we need to use the climb the rope up. And i was wearing my normal clothes to swim and my pants was collecting water. So tiring to climb and my leg got cut and bleed abit....also don't know how i got the cuts. Then after that, we went to another island called Marcos Island, the boatman (who was actually a young kid) told us there was a cave (named after Marco's wife) on the island and we need to jump off the rocks to get into the water. When we reached the cave, there was bats up in the cave and the height look high to jump. Me and my friend were discussing who to jump first, and i let my friend jumped first.

Islands
She really jumped down, and she waited for me in the water. She said she will kill me if i dont jump..hahaaa...But i couldn't find the courage to jump into the water, i was like standing at the edge for like more than 15 minutes (or more). Until my friend had to swim back to the shore and come up again and it started to rain again. Really...no courage to jump... >_<....and cannot jump together due the area was surrounded by rocks. So it is a bit dangerous for 2 to jump together. So we turned back up to the shore....and then we swam to the back by going from the shore side. Then when looking up to the rocks (where need to jump down)...it doesn't look so high...When we were swimming, i noticed there were tiny poos floating in the water...all from the bats above. Then the boat chap also wants to jump down from the rocks, after seeing us previously and laughing at me too...hehee...and he really jumped down. Then we swam back to the boat..really tired from the swimming. My energy is almost used up, and plus my pants are still collecting water. Very hard to climb up to the boat, then we went to the next island, where we had halo halo for snacks first. We were told that actually there were 123 islands now, not 100 anymore. And there was a small island, separated out from the others. They called it Lonely island...kekekee....After eating the halo halo, we need to climb up 100 plus stair steps up to get a nice view of the islands from above. The boatman told us there was an island called Virgin Island, and it was called that as the people said there were once 3 ladies who came to the island and went into the cave. But they lost their virginity when they came out of the cave.

Poh Piahs
Then we went off after taking photos and went to Children's Island. It was called Children's Island as the water near the island was very shallow (more for children). We went to swim again...but there was nothing much to do and cannot see 'nemo' fishes too. We stayed until around 12 plus (i think), then we went back to the boat. Then we went back to the city where we went to have a shower for 20 peso per pax. I went in to shower first, when i came out my friend was saying this was my longest shower. But i think this was my fastest shower and our bags were all wet cos the bags were placed on the board in the boat (with water inside). Feel good sia after the shower.....and then we left to the bus terminal to take bus to Tarloc..Then we went to have lunch in ChowKing (which i keep seeing around Philippines city). My friend was saying the food quite good, but i don't find the rice very nice (abit disappointing). And she was saying it was expensive, compared to those food we ate earlier. But the fried poh pians are still not bad. She said the soft drink was from the dispenser, so she still don't let me drink....@_@...So i had to drink my mineral water. After lunch, we went to the bus terminal and the bus haven't come yet. We just sat there and wait for the bus to come, got a otak-like snack too.

TV in the bus
Later the bus came, we got up and sat down and the bus left after all the passengers went up. And it was a long ride (around 3 hrs plus) to Tarloc. There was tv on the bus too and the driver on the tv for the passengers to watch. But i think most of the people are sleeping, i think i was disturbing my friend from sleeping....hahahaa....We reached Tarloc like around 7 plus, then we went into a restaurant to wait for her brothers to come pick us up. We ordered something to eat too while waiting. My phone was still dead, cannot power up with battery pack too. So have to depend on my friend's phone to contact, but she said her brother didn't reply her from her smses. We also don't know whether her brothers will be able to find us too. Luckily her brothers still able to find us at the restaurant. She looked happy upon seeing her brothers...hehee...Then we went off, her brother was driving a jeepney and it was his personal one. We sat at the back, and the ride was also very long. And i was dozing off with the wind blowing too.

BBQ Catfish
Then we stopped at a restaurant on the roadside, and they ordered bbq catfishes. They ordered 3 catfishes and some small dishes. The catfish tastes quite nice too....After eating, her brothers were trying to fix the car and me and my friend waited in the restaurant when it is ready. After a long time, it was really ready and we can hit the road again. We reached my friend's sister-in-law house @ around 10 pm plus..i was so tired and sleepy already...Inside the house, they were starting to have supper..got to eat again...@_@....I can't eat much too...hahhaa...after eating, they started to have family discussion, which i don't feel right to sit there (although i don't understand what they were saying but can see they were like going towards heated arguments soon). Kind of weird too, so i went to sit on the sofa to watch tv first. Then later my friend asked me whether i wan to go shower and rest in the room first. She brought me up to the room first, got aircon and 2 single beds and got tv too.. :P....But my friend needs to go back down to discuss her family issues first...and it was getting so late already. She ended up going to bed at around 2 am plus and still ended up arguing with them. And there was a lizard in the room, making noises too. I fell asleep while writing my notes.

'Hotel' Stayed:
Tent @ Quezon Island

No comments:

Post a Comment