Saturday, August 23, 2014

Bulacan, Philippines Trip (Day 10)

2nd August 2014, Saturday

The 'Famous' Taho
Today is the last day in Bulacan, i woke up slightly late and found my friend and her family were helping us to pack all the goodies (mangoes and sweets) with newspaper and putting them into small small boxes. Then i went down and to select which photos we took for the past days to print. I selected a few photos to print, so i no need to print when i get back to Singapore (free prints here...heheee). While doing all these, the 'Ta Ho' man is here again!! This time, we managed to get him and my friend bought for me to try it...Nice!! Is soya beancurd with small small pearls and is sweet...I got 2 cups to eat... :)...My friend's brother then told us there was strawberry flavor in Baguio and we didn't eat it when we were there...Missed it already...hahahaa....After that, we all had breakfast and her sister in law made us sausages for me and my friend, specially for us...hohohoho....
They even ate baluts for breakfast...Oh ya...the breakfast is with rice too..like eating lunch or dinner...not breakfast...haha...They even used buffalo's milk (bought from an auntie when she passed by the house) to make white white cheese.....

Inside Bus
After breakfast, it was getting quite late, almost to 10 plus, 11am. And we need to get ready to catch bus to Manila. Then we went shower after all the packing...After showering and everything done, is time to say bye bye to my friend's family. I thanked her sister in law for everything and she still asked mi to go back the next time i visit Philippines....Very nice of her.....My friend's brother drove us to the bus terminal, but the bus to Manila has just left. So we went another 2 more bus terminals to ask but ended up back to the 1st bus terminal...heheee...Anyway we waited for a while before the bus came. Then we said bye bye to my friend's brother and family...They are all very nice people...had a good time when staying with them. And her nephew is a sweet and smart boy who like origami too (advanced level)...i lost to him (but he don't know how to make a star using straws)...hahahaa...Then the bus went off and it's a 2 hour ride to Manila.

Vikings
We reached Manila @ around 4 plus, then we took a cab to our hotel. The hotel lobby was very spacious and was very big too. After check-in, my friend said they upgraded our room. And so we went up to check our room. Hmmm....not as nice as the hotel room we stayed in Baguio...and here the rate is double the price of Baguio hotel. We can see the sea on the right side of our room balcony. We went down to explore the hotel first (saw the food in the hotel restaurant, like not very nice leh), then we went off to our dinner place. My friend specially reserved table for this dinner. It is called Vikings, she said is a popular buffet place and have to reserve. If not, there won't be available tables for walk-in. We took a cab to SM - Mall of Asia, one of the largest malls in Philippines. There is a globe outside the mall too and there are really alot of shops, consists of 2 blocks too. But it was getting close to our dinner reserved time, we walked to the dinner place first. Quite a distance away, and there were alot of people queuing already when we reached Vikings. We waited for awhile before the staff announced that they are ready for customers to go in and we waited for our number to be called.

Sashimi!!
We were shown to our table and there were a lot of different stations for the buffet. They even got Singaporean chicken rice (which i didn't try...hahaa). Ordered a weird blue fish to bbq too, not nice one, got a lot of sashimi slices. While eating, my friend's sister and husband arrived. We all ate together and they chatted. They even tried to speak with me in Mandarin as the husband is learning Mandarin now. He is a German and they are living in Germany now. But there is one question that he tried to ask me in Mandarin but i cannot catch it... :P....Then it started to rain and the winds were very strong (like going to have typhoon like tat)....We stayed on while waiting for the rain to stop and they chatted (at a point they talking about family issues again)...I just went toilet to run away first...hehehee....As it was getting late and we still need to buy our goodies in the supermarket, we went and took a cab. My friend's sister even gave me a purple rock (fengshu type) as a 见面礼. Me and my friend then alighted near the overhead bridge and said bye bye to her sister and husband. Then we ran off and walked back to the supermarket. Went Max's Restaurant to get the Carmel bars, and went to the supermarket to get dried mangoes (but don't have 7D ones, only Cebu ones). And i got some instant noodles and instant juices and some other stuffs...hahahaa....After done shopping, we went out to take a cab. There were a lot of cabs driving by but the cab drivers were all asking for a fixed price and all don't want to go by meter. And the price they asking is double the original price for the same distance.

After a few cabs, my friend gave in and we boarded the cab back to the hotel. My friend said she needs to go out tomorrow morning and wants me to stay in the hotel myself while she is out...I joked with her can i go to the theme park next to the hotel...She looked back at me with her eyes opened big big...hahahaa.... Finally reached hotel...so tired already...My friend lied on the bed and dozed off very fast...So i went for shower and then sat in front of the TV and wrote my journey again. Suddenly my stomach was having pains and soon i was having runs...and also started to vomit too. Whole night cannot really sleep and it was raining heavily again...Think 2 or 3 plus i woke up my friend and let her know...She called the hotel reception to get some medicine for me. But i didn't eat the medicine and tried to sleep back. I was having very sharp abdomen pains (very pain until cannot stand up). At 1 point, i just sat on the carpet while my friend was doing packing...hahaaa....She called the reception again to get the hotel nurse to come and have a look. The nurse came around like 6 plus (or later...can't remember)...asked me a few questions and he gave some pills for mi to stop the vomiting and told me to drink Gatorade (ekkk...). 
Then i slept back after eating the medicine. My friend was saying i didn't get sick when i ate all the food from the roadside stalls but when we ate the food from Vikings, i got sick...hahaaa


Hotel Stayed:
Sofitel Luxury Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment